Dentist@Redhouse will be opening on the 15th June for urgent and emergency appointments only. Please do not attend the practice unless you have an appointment booked.
We are aiming to phase our reopening so are only able to see emergency and urgent patients initially. We have a limited number of appointments available and are only able to offer a small range of treatments at this time. Any emergency treatments that require us to use the high-speed drill (AGP procedures) will need to be referred to an urgent dental centre if suitable. It will still take some time before services return to normal.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The dentist and nurse will already have the appropriate PPE on when you attend. Although you may not be able to recognise us with our PPE on, we are the same friendly team that have been looking after you previously.
- Reception will look different with 2 metres between the chairs and a screen on the desk.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone to the appointment.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Payment should be made by card where possible, where this is not possible exact payment by cash.
- Staff will not greet you by shaking your hand.
- If you show any symptoms before your appointment you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please wait outside the practice or in your car, please let us know you are here by calling us. And please wait where you are until you are called by phone to attend your appointment.
- Please do not arrive at the practice without a booked appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask/face covering.
- Please use the toilet facilities at home before your appointment as they will not be available to use at the practice.
We will update you again when we are able to start seeing patients for more routine examinations and treatment.